Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Cry for Help!

OK world, or to anyone who actually stills looks at this much neglected blog...I am desperate and need any worthwhile advice. MHS decided that at 20 months old he is too old for a nap and mommy is losing her mind! For the past week and a half I have fought him for upwards of an hour to get him to sleep and the only time it worked, he slept for 20 min. He can climb out of his pack-n-play and the crib and I just don't know what to do! If anyone has experienced this before and has some sort of input to save what little sanity I have left, it would be more than Greatly Appreciated!! I have done the drive in the car thing and that works for 30 min. or so, but I'm wasting gas and he isn't getting great sleep. He has passed the point of tired and is a terror when he is awake because of it. Please, Please, Please HELP!!! Here is a pic. of the little stinker and his angel sister too! Thank heavens for little girls that are nice to their mommies! TIA!


6 comments:

Allison Serr said...

Dee Dee, they are so beautiful! I don't know much about the no nap thing, but we've been through LONG bouts of the short nap thing and I can feel a portion of your pain. If he really, truly won't take a nap, try putting him to bed ridiculously early at night. Close all of the blinds and try to have a really long and soothing bedtime routine. That should help him catch up on his missed sleep. We put madeline to bed at 6:15 every night and it's the only thing that has helped her to sleep better. The more sleep she gets, the more she sleeps and vice versa. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Hey Dee Dee. I used the crib tent. It's a mesh tent that covers the crib. It was a LIFE SAVER for me!!

Unknown said...

Hey DD. My wife says you should call her she knows what you are going through. You have one handsome boy and beautiful little girl.

Craig and Aly said...

Sorry no help but the little "stinker" is ADORABLE! I am so happy to see some pictures, they are beautiful!

TheShumWAYS said...

Oh the joys of motherhood :)
How are you guys (besides the no nap thing?) We miss you, hope all is well!!

abo-bder said...



.
.
.
.